Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Friday, May 29, 2009

Weather Whether

Literally translated: Weder-weder lang yan!

But since last night, the wind here in Meknes is strong and when I say strong, it is comparable to the Super typhoon winds that hit Bicol and Cavite in 2006. During that time I saw how the parked Toyota of my dad jiggle to the windy warrior of the storm, handbrake and 1st gear held on tough though.

While I was busy last night searching the web for 6th graders' essay on Jaccques Cousteau and Ivan Pavlov, the wind kept on hissing and banging on my window. Add to that the clanging and swaying of left-open steel windows and doors here on the second floor.

I can see the Bab Mansour in the horizon from where I sat last night and it still showed the lights it always does even in the middle of the night, amidst the windy windedness of the night.

And tonight, the wind strength is almost the same.

While I heard the video scandal of Dr. Hayden Kho and Katrina Halili has become a source of air time for Filipino TRAPOS back home (TRAditional POliticianS), not much has been said about the four Filipinos with H1N1.

Back to school for our students in the Philippines (mostly local schools) while the rest of the international, European, American and Moroccan schools are in the final few weeks of the school year.

I miss my two friends here in Morocco, Alice and Val but I really believe they are busy with their own busy-ness so I still don't know what I'd be doing this Sunday.

I haven't played online chess in awhile but I finally found the piece of paper given to me by the president of Morocco Chess Federation which contains phone numbers of people I can play with here in Meknes.

So if I won't be meeting anybody this Sunday, I might just play the whole day with someone whom I hope to be a chess buddy for my entire stay here in Morocco.

My Morocco photography will resume tomorrow and most likely to continue 'till Sunday then off again.

Feels like I want to be somewhere else but as they say, weather-whether lang yan!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to find a Filipino writing about my 2nd home. I'm a Filipina who's married to a Moroccan. I lived there for a good 18 years but it seems you're seeing Morocco more than I ever did. God luck to you and keep up the blog. I'll be following votre vie Marocain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your efforts I hope I could learn a thing or two from you about Morocco.

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1