Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Races and Graces

I got this link called Africa's Genetic Secrets Unlocked from The Image Family Online which more or less provided my dark, dreamy, half awake and half asleep Saturday morning.

While Teng and Che prepares to visit the doctor (yes, Che is sick and down with I don't know what) I'm here super-busy scanning the cyberspace (Oh thanks google!) for anything related with Human Genome Project.

The past 9 years, I've had the opportunity to work as a sped teacher, school-based occupational therapist, private-itinerant OT, storyteller-puppeteer, NCAA Juniors chess coach, ESL teacher, counselor, university professor, paid blogger, children's book writer and resource speaker for varied issues/workshops in parenting, education and community chess development.

My time spent in Imus Pilot Elementary School, The School for Chosen Children, German School Manila (Eurocampus), Philippine Women's University, La Camelle School, St. Paul University-Manila and Mahatma Gandhi International School provided me a rich experience and insight as to how different people from different cultures view this world of ours. And it helps a lot to be classified under the name "extrovert" in what is your personality test in facebook!

Well, what the hell am I saying and where am I leading to?

The Human Genome Project (HGP) basically and globally reaches for stars. Harharhar! HGP simply says "I want to know all about the DNA." This leads us to The Genographic Project led by The National Geographic. Really nice!

It maps out The Human Journey, make sure you visit the Atlas of Human History and Genetics Overview.

Fast forward today.

I am in Africa, North of Africa and scientists claim that this continent is the place where humans first appeared.

"The work revealed the continent to be the most genetically diverse place on Earth, and identified descendents of our earliest human ancestors."

The Race provides us much of what is to be learned about the topic. It is surprising to find out about the four different biological definitions of race based on four concepts: Essentialist, Taxonomic, Population and Lineage.

As a Filipino, I have always been proud of what was passed on to me as part of the Malay race. Modern studies contradicts much of what has been taught in schools about this. Oh well! Just like the Darwinism and other stuffs taught in schools.

It amazes me locals of this country greets me expectedly with "Konichiwa!" and "Jacky Chan!" when I wear a brown skin. I grin and I smirk then just ignore them pretending I'm busy thinking about nothing and everything.

Well oh well!

This post is my chopsuey for my online breakfast! Full of everything and nothing. I wish Pacman wins the fight against the Brit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1