Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, May 25, 2009

Saturday Bloody Sunday

Just got back from a solitary trip to Fes and just in case you wanna know, go read Wikipedia's entry about Fes.

Now how did my bloody weekend started?

The whole Saturday I worked with my ward up until around 3 in the afternoon. Then had my usual online activities. It was a sour one, not to mention a stab right through my heart and soul! It was the beginning of a bloody weekend.

Logged off and worked again with my ward.

Was assigned as a photographer for the youngest daughter's birthday celebration.



Ate dinner and slept and promised myself never to go online again.

Woke up Sunday around 5 in the morning and did nothing but curse in the dark, just like how I ushered myself to sleep. Went out of my bed to clean my room hoping at the same time I'd be able to clean the mess in my head. Brought my laundry down and checked for any "awakenings" among my housemates. Oh the Jedis are all awake and I'd have to thank God for their simple mindedness and superior cleaning power!

Our chef was preparing his breakfast and I gestured that I'd like to join him in mix awhile. I wanted to take a shower and so I did. Then I joined him for breakfast. Today is the first time I ate the "Khubs" with Vegetable Olive Oil matched with Moroccan Mint Tea.

The mix of mint and olive oil gave a different taste on my buds which I could not give a label but it was different. Well it was good but not super good.

It was around seven so I took my chess book by Bobby Ang and read up to pass time. I left the farm around 8 in the morning and headed to the train station. I wanted to board the 915 train to Fes.

I hopped in the cab and arrived in Sidi Saed around 845. It was a 6 Dirhams taxi ride from where the farm is.

Well I thought I had so much time on my hand so I decide to walk from Sidi Saed to Lagar Al Amir. Lagar Al Amir is the name of the train station, Lagar means station... so it literally means Station Al Amir.

I was surprised it took me 30 minutes to reach Mc Donalds Meknes from Sidi Saed and it was already 915 so I took a cab from there and paid 5 Dirhams.

Here are the photos I took from my walk.



I've noticed that the more I learn about photography, the less I want to share my photos. I am becoming picky of the photos I want to publish and I find a lot of defects in the shots I make. This seems ok for me and I hope you'll realize that from now on the photos posted here will be filtered thru.

Yes I did my solitary Fes trip and interestingly, I did not take much photos. I visited the Palace in Fes where the King mostly stays.





I visited the tannery or the coloring place of animal skins which in turn become leather goods.







You see the guy? He approached me from the train station, spoke good English and offered to be my guide for 50 Dirhams. Of course I took him in. And he explained lots of things for me like how ancient the tannery is, how many days it takes for the animal skins to dry and he was overflowing with pride to tell me these things. His name is Hamed, there's just too many Hamed's in Morocco.

After sometime I felt my tummy do the earthshakes and asked Hamed to bring me to an American restaurant which a friend of mine tipped on me. He brought me to Cafe Clock, a Cross-Cultural Cafe they say.

I didn't have to bother about language barrier as the owner is an American and so his staff are all good speakers of the language.

I ordered a chicken sandwhich and a sprite. Yes I ate with my guide and he ordered what I ordered.

I love the place and I think it is one of the hidden treasures of Fes.






I wish I could have stayed on... I wish I was feeling better about something... I wish I was in a better mood.... I wish I wish I wish!

But like all any other trips, one needs to go back to home base and here is where I consider my base is for now:



By the way, I'm seriously considering on not going home for vacation and cashing in on my air fare and work instead.

Just a bloody thought for a bloody weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Morocco is indeed a beautiful place, a bit laidback but the scenery especially the long highway overlooking the alantic ocean is a must see. Been in Casablanca last April 2012

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glen! Thanks for the visit and comment. Looking back, I feel lucky to have lived in Maroc for 6 months. The only regret I have was passing up the chance to go to the Sahara when I had the chance. Keep safe!

      Delete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1