Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chess Blog Wagon

Oh no!

I found two new chess blogs about our dearly beloved Philippine chess! The more we have, the better it is right?

But I was surprised to find the blog name/title and the Uniform Resource Locator of one of the two new blogs I checked out was almost identical with another. Add to that, most of these blogs just do a copy and paste posting methods of Philippine Chess news.

Something I've been reminded about by Amiel del Rosario of The Closet Grandmaster during the early days of this blog. And now I really know the reason why.

I have learned the following about chess blogging:

1. It's not everyday that I can post here for a lot of reasons. I'd rather not update if I'll just do a Cut and Paste publication.

2. Grammar and Spell Check is very much available online, USE IT!

3. PGN files and Audio files a tough nut to crack for me. Posting them here is even harder.

4. As a chess blogger, it helps if one is either a creative writer or just a plain chess genius. This way, you can crash-proof your chess analysis in your blog or you can write with wits about the recent chess news.

5. Do networking for your chess blog but most of all, create long and lasting real life friendship. This I have done and thankfully so I did.

6. Finally, there is life outside of the realms of chess blogging. Embrace your passion for chess and writing but most of all, get a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1