Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Silver @ FICS

I joined Tourney number 23 Blitz 3 last Monday night at FICS and I, for the first time took solo second place. It was an achievement which made me want to play in almost all the available blitz tournaments there.

Yesterday I tried again, joined and played in two Blitz 3 tourneys. Sadly, not even a third place position I took in both tourneys.

What does this tell me and you?

Chexmix of ICC Chess.FM Blog echoes my insights about the game: Chess is a humbling experience.

Truth be told, I have a 1300 plus blitz rating at FICS and a 1500 plus standard. at chess.com's Tactics Trainer I have 1890 plus while at Chess Tactics Server, 1400.

I love this game but most of all, I love what it provides my restless mind. A sense of competition, achievement but most of all, it shows me the beauty of the human mind.

Here is an excerpt from one of my favorites, DESIDERATA:

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1