Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday Escape

Saturday off day for me this weekend and everything that happened was out of the plan. I was supposed to visit Rabat American School for my ward's swimming competition but an 11th hour decision was made and so I got the day for free. Nice one right?

Off I did some "Let's see Morocco today?" SMS on my 1/4th alive-3/4th dead phone and only one replied positive to my question.

I finally saw the inside of Bob Mansour El Alj Gate of Meknes Morocco and was surprised that it differed greatly from what I had in mind. This grand city gate which was built in 16th century is a landmark which I thought was a museum before today. Inside is a gallery of paintings and some stonecrafts, that's all. Hehehe!

Imagine the landmark still stands today? One of the benefits of an almost earthquake free region. Across this city gate is a big square (or quadrangle) that is never empty with tourists and locals busy haggling for a good merchandise.

Moroccan police are everywhere and this gives the feeling of security to everyone. A couple of weeks ago I asked one of these men for a direction on how to get to Label Vie, Meknes' market place ala SM Hypermart. They were helpful enough!

Well here are some photos from today:




The following are photos I took early in the morning at the farm:





I've always wanted to capture that moon on film and today, I was lucky enough to have done just that.

This one was a no-brainer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1