Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, March 23, 2009

Science of Hammam

IT's Sunday today and it definitely a Hammam day for me! Yahoo!

Today's Hammam I had is my 4th in my entire lifetime. For me this is the real hammam experience comprared to my first three.

MY first was really as simple as "ahh, this is hammam". The second was, "oh, thats the way they do it". My third was "now I'll try their way" and my fourth? "This is how I'll do it" thing.

Early early in the morning today I made sure I gulped down on plenty of H20's because that's the first thing that will be flushed out of your body once you go thru the hammam process.

The warm room, coupled with hot to warm water and your choice of cold water is a detox for the body. Plus of course our hammam peeps who make their living by scrubbing their clients' skin from head to toe.

Since my 3rd time, I made sure I brought 2 1 liter of water that I drink during the almost one hour of laying naked on the warm ground with your resident skin scraper doing his job to your ultra sensitive kuno skin.

Really a must for anyone visiting Morocco!

Of course there are links that would explain what hamam really is and I found them here, there and everywhere.

YouTube has them too:





Of course, wikipedia here and great photos here focusing on the theme.

Read on and maybe someday, you'll have your turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1