Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, March 23, 2009

Pete and his Quotes 2

This is the continuation of my dreamy interview of Peter Svidler based from the chessbase interview.

GM Peter Svidler talks about:

"For me the Corsica/Sofia rules are a godsend. People would not normally think of me as a fan, but I am a fan of the rules, because they give me no choice. If you force me to play I am a decent player"


So you mean Pete, if you are pushed against the wall you'll fight back right? That's normal; What is not normal is for someone like you who is one of the best in the world right now, is to feel you're mellow. You're not.

"I really do want to do well and get back to the level in which I feel I belong. I think that I am a better player than my current results show."


That's motivation enough Pete!

"In April I will be playing 25 days out of thirty. I am going to the Russian Club Championship in Dagomis, and from there I am returning home for one day to see some opera with the kids, and the next day I am off to Nalchik to the Grand Prix."

Great! Now I think you are a man of contradictions; You just said you're mellow and look at your chess schedule, wow! A pat on your back from me for the opera with the kids. Great one indeed!

When asked about Pete's kids playing chess, his reply:

"Very occasionally, and I am very happy about this. If they really push for it I will not stand in their way. If at some stage they say I really want to do it, send me to a chess school, then it is their right. But we are not pushing them in this direction. I feel that one crazy person is enough in a family."

Logical! A lot of frustrated chess players now parents can learn from this! Really!

That ends our 2 part series of our dreamy interview of GM Peter Svidler. Hope we see his name reach the top 5 before 2009 is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1