Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

10 in 2 Months

Hi there!

It's been two months since January 29 my day of arrival here last in Morocco. What have I accomplished so far? Where have I been to the past 8 weeks?

Slowly, I'll try to recall and hopefully I get them all "write" here in Pinoy Sa Morocco blog, my 10 in 2:

1st, I have done progress in my essentials here, whatever they are, I 'm sure Alice, Val and Claire knows them... Something to do with my _ _ _ _ _ s.

2ND, my ward has shown improvement in terms of his school/academic life. With hard work and unending prayers to The Queen of Heaven, Novena to The Holy Spirit and St. Jude, I guess it all adds up for his whole-istic development.

3rd, I have slowly and carefully veered away from the very addicting Mafia wars in Facebook, but I still play it ha.

4Th, I went back to Chess Blogging , my pet Philippine Chess Chronicles which at it's highest point had 4 thousand visitors in 1 week. A very good traffic for someone like me who is not a rated chess player nor an Expert caliber chess player from the Philippines. By the way, the blog started it all in Philippine Chess blogging. And yes, the rest followed suit!

5Th, I've been to Marrakesh, Casablanca, Meknes, Ifrane, Rabat. all these are the major cities of Morocco. I have tried both the 1st class and 2nd class Morocco train system, used the petite and grand taxis.

6Th, I now know how to cook Tagine but not Couscous. I can tell now the difference between Standard Arabic and Moroccan Arabic but still could not speak them. I 've learned too that Moroccan arabic is usually spoken but never written. It is the Standard Arabic Script that is used and French is the government's language.

7Th, I've attended 2 activities of the Catholic Church in Meknes and both are spiritually enriching and socially expanding for my existence here in my borrowed Moroccan life.

8Th, I still take photos but not as much. I've discovered the weakness of my point and shoot camera and it made me appreciate it more. I have become bored of what Picasa 3 software can do for my photos and my laptop is starting to piss me off. I have chosen to buy a "blackfruit" thru Alice and Val but not blackberry. I wish to use it till I go for my vacation in Pilipinas and give it to my wife.

9Th, I have loved Hammam at first sight and if I'll be asked to go home tomorrow, hammam would be the first thing I'll request I'd do before leaving.

10th, I still miss my wife, Patricia, Freedom and Miguel. also, I have not shaved my beard since January and have not visited the barber here in Morocco since. Although my beard is boring me now and my curly-natural hair too, I still want to cling onto my goal, NO HAIRCUTS AND NO BEARD SHAVING as long as I have my life here in Morocco. Vacations in our home country the Philippines is not included!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1