Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chess Bloggin' and Lovin!

Hi there!

This post means so much to me...

For alost 2 months now, I've stayed away from Philippine Chess Chronicles blog for some known reasons to all of you and some secret reasons.

Right now, I'm itching to get back into chess again (online playing, news searching, net surfing, posting updates about Philippine Chess) and this time, I wish I could do a better than what I've done before in the previous 3 years of this blog.

Some thoughts of mine I wish you all would know:

1. I got fed up reading and learning about Philippine' Chess system in general, either I see people fight about who the best junior player or best player in the land or what system is best to promote chess further in the grassroots. It felt like hearing and seeing Vilmanians and Noranians over and over again.

2. Got really busy in preparing for my Morocco stint.

3. Yes, I felt that there's not much need for PCC blog because the void which I tried to fill was almost overflowing now with the flourishing of blogs catering to Philippine chess (Malibay Chess Club blog, ChessPhi, Pinoy Chess Portal and other player's blogs). I hope we see more blogs created and sustained by active Filipino chess players.

Add to the fact that my personal hero-chess journalist, Mr. Robert "Bobby" Ang came back from semi-retirement and you know he's got everything Philippine chess needs for the best chronicles we can ever have.

4. I got burned out. In fact, I gave all my chess books to my bro-in-law-chess-student Tristan 2 days before leaving for Morocco.


That's all for now and I wish I can go back here slowly but consistently and post relevant stories that would entice more peeps into chess.

Maraming salamat and Peace to all of you!

By the way, I am not Sugar Dom as what others think.

Thank you!

P.S.

NM Erwin Carag, I'm sorry if I did not reply to your email and helped out in posting the tournament details you sent me. I was at a crossroads that time whether I'll go back here at PCC or not. Next time, please send me anything you need for posting here. It will be an honor to serve Philippine Chess in this manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1