Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Internet Life in Morocco

Hi there!

About a week ago, I paid for my internet connection here in Morocco. My server is called WANA and I'm quite satisfied for the services they are giving me. For 200.00 Moroccan Dirhams (MAD) I get to use unlimited internet time for 30 days.

Unlike the sky-high rates of internet services in the Philippines (no thanks to the I-don't-want-to-name-telecoms-in-RP), here in Morocco, mobile modems costs 700.00 MADS that gives you free internet connection for 2 months or 7 months depending on the provider you buy. READ: MOBILE Modems. IT means you buy the gadget and you plug it in wherever you are and viola! Your connected to WWW!

In our country, they have this promo that asks you to pay for 999.00 Pesos but it is limited to 20 hours. Crazy right? The one I have in the Philippiness is the IMMOBILE ONLINE CONNECTION provided by _______________ and there's more downtime moments than online moments.

I remember very well when we complained in the office of the provider we have about the slow connections and I wittingly reminded the service desk staff we were talking to about their ad which says " Up to 800 MB/sec..."

Guess what the staff said to me?

"Sir, ang sabi po sa ad and contract ay UP TO 800 MB/sec, so pwede po'ng mas mababa pa yung value nung speed"

Oh di ba gago yung mga telecoms sa Pilipinas?

Well to end this post, MADS to Philippine Peso is 1 MAD = PHP 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1