Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Scenes

Well I had a weekend full of contrasts and twists. First, I had dinner with Alice and Val at Label Vie in Meknes. I went there on my own from the farm and was so nervous to ride the grand taxi. What was scary during the ride was when we reached the terminal, the driver insisted I go down but from the instructions I got from locals in the farm, I go down in Sidi-saed which I thought was not THE Terminal but turns out, it was the Sidi-saed.

Luckily, the passenger beside the driver wanted to have a free ride to the Medina from the Sidi-saed so he insisted that the driver bring us to the medina. While on our way there, the driver asked if I had money "fluss?" I said "ana, fluss anta...ss dis". Meaning I've given you 6 dirhams already.

To the driver's dismay he didn't get any additional from me. I would have given more if he brought me to Label Vie. But I said "shukran!" with matching hand on my chest to signify my sincerity. And got a lot of instructions from the passenger. He told me Label Vie is 2-3 kms away from where we where so I thought it would be a great ops for me to walk.

But seeing the crowd on my way to the Medina, I said I'd have to ride the petit taxi. Thank God there were policemen all over the place and T

Then my bus ride.

I paid 3 Dirhams to the female conductor (now who says Morocco is the land of the oppressed women?) while the policeman gave instructions to the driver. He was super helpful to me man! I overheard from him "Label Vie, shuwiya shuwiya Arabic" pointing at me. Meaning I knew little Arabic and I am going to Label Vie.

Went to the back of the bus and and sat but gave my seat the moment a woman in her beautiful "jelaba" stood in front of me.

So I stood up and had the best view of the place.

I saw the Recto-Avenida like place of Meknes where one can find all sorts of stuffs for sale and stores selling almost anything which tourists would be delighted to bring back home.

After around 10 minutes, I finally saw Mac Donalds and Pizza Hut which meant we're nearing Label Vie. I could have asked the driver to stop and I go down because from there I would never be lost. I cannot say I know the place like the back of my hand but definitely I'll reach Label Vie without any "help-me-I'm-lost" moments with the locals.

Then I came and met Val and Alice. Had to send out a message to know exactly where they were and was lost inside the grocery until Alice made it clear over the phone of their location. How stupid I was not to know what girls do when the are out... they were shopping! Heheheh!



Dinner at last.

I don't know what we ate but we had rice, soup and salad. Bonus for me though coz Val knew what the plural of rice for me. Extra rice!

Nice chit chat we had and for awhile I felt so free and liberated from all the pressures of language difficulties I've been having here in Morocco. For awhile I could talk in Filipino, curse in Filipino and laugh at the stories in Filipino. Hay salamat!

Then we had our photo shooting outside Label Vie while waiting for the pettit taxi which would bring me back to The Terminal. Alice and Val went with me and we asked the taxi to wait for the two so that there won't be any hassles of waiting for another pettit taxi to bring them to their terminal.

From Sidi-saed, I can say it was 15 to 20 minutes before I reached the farm at Ain Orma.

Walked towards the house under the moonlight and as I did, I went back to my vacation days in Casiguran, Aurora. I spent my grade 5 summer and 2ND yr college summer in Casiguran, the hometown of my dad.

Evenings in Casiguran were filled with moonlights and sounds of the night. Shadows are everywhere and it plays a major role in silencing one's hyperness.

I loved this walk-alone moment from the gate of the farm to the house.

When I reached my room and gave Alice a miss call and in no time at all she called back.

We shared the same sentiment about the moonlight. Hahahah!

Sunday!

Spent my morning with my laptop. My ward was doing toying with his quads. Around 11 we studied and OMG, he got a perfect score in the science review-test I gave him.

Because of that, I let him free to use his quads again and promised I will join him after I print another set of reviewer for him.

Around 3 PM I went outside to ride with my ward and had a great time with him but when I almost fell off, I asked him to bring me back to the house because I didn't want to be bruised or get broken bones from his showing-off.



I took a bath and cleaned my room. I thought of watching one of the movies Alice gave me the first weekend I was here in Morocco. Imagine, a certified movie freak like me went on for almost 3 months without watching any movie?

I chose the movie FishBig and lo and behold, I loved it!

It was a 2 hour movie that presented a man who had the gift to tell stories but was seen by his son to have been short of his duties as a father to his son.

I could be the dad and the son in the movie.

And I ended my weekend with another study session with my ward. Nothing much to tell about it. It was forgettable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1