Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Friday, April 17, 2009

Hybrid Ball Game

2 weeks ago I chanced upon a group of men in one of the vacant lots here in the Centerville of Ifrane. Quickly I walked towards them and made that Pinoy style Uzisero stance. They liked my presence and I felt it was legit for me to be Uzisero for two reasons: 1st, I was a foreigner and I didn't know what they were doing and 2nd, I had my camera with me to ahhhm, take photos of their Le' ball?

This ball game they were playing is totally new to my eyes and mindedness.

What do they play with?

Heck! They play with metallic balls that weighs heavier than my laptop. They also have one lighter and smaller RED ball that acts like a marker on the floor.

How do they play with those balls? Pun intended!

You are Pinoy and for sure you have played "tatshing?" Have you? Or maybe "jolens?"

Well, one player who holds the RED ball throws it on the floor.

Then other will throw their balls on the floor, with the intention of placing their ball nearest to the RED ball. They take turns until everyone does.

Tactics and strategies. All games must have these or it's not a game at all.

Players can hit their opponents balls (ouch!) on the floor and usually, the player who has his ball nearest (winning) on the RED ball, gets to be the BEAT THE MAN in that round.

It's a mix of bowling and "tatshing" skills. Enough of words, it's time to use images in photos!
























As you can see, it requirs good form when throwing the ball and I'm telling you, it's a serious game played by serious players! I tried it and I thought I would be good at it if I play daily for a month.

I was told the game is played in India and France. So what is the name of the game? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1