Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Farrey's Lights

Light, they say, is the best thing this dark world has ever had! And as far as I can remember, I have always believed Agapito Flores invented what we now call florescent light. That was until today when I wanted to introduce the lights and sounds topic to my grade 10 milti-cultural class. I did a google search on Agapito Flores and found out there's this controversy surrounding our fellow Filipino's claim on the much coveted plum inventor of the florescent light. From here, I did a search on the topic to find the "real" inventor of the light and found this.

Now everything's getting lighter, or should I say clearer, I thought maybe I could search on lighting which can provide a decorative effect on my humble yet cozy place. I found out there's a lot of categorical labelling used for such household lightings. We have ceiling lightings, wall lightings. Further down, there are lamps, outdoor lights, accessories and specialty.

Going into lamps, there are still a lot of categories like fine art lamps and forecast lightings.

So much to choose from yet so little space to put it on. Someday i'll get them for my wife or for my kids. Somedaymaybe today or tomorrow.

"Light waves because it knows who I am." - Victor Starfish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1