Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, June 22, 2009

Stargazing

For almost 5 months now I have never looked up and gazed at the stars on a night sky until tonight. I played football with my ward awhile ago and enjoyed the night with him trying to catch a falling star.

Of course he "saw" almost every shooting star there is which I expected anyway. How lucky he was for seeing these stars and unlucky I was for missing it by a split second. I love the night sky and I love the sentimentality it brings.

Tonight I was again brought back to my place in Imus. Most of the nights after dinner, I would sit on our white monoblock chair located just outside the service door of our house. With the cool winds suburban sky brings and the dim lights on the streets of our village, I get to chit-chat with my wife and update each other on how our day went by. There are good and there are bad nights but one thing I remember most is how I crave for each moment I spend in that little sanctuary of mine. There were nights I'd consume 2 bottles of my favorite light beer while wrapped in the embrace of the chilly nights of our veranda and just pass time 'till I feel like sleeping.

All these I reminisced and long for awhile. I looked up and realized I was missing "home" like hell. In less than 4 weeks I'll be home and get back to my usual life and I bet I'll go thru the adjustment period but I'm ready for it.

In German they say "Shon Heimat Shon" while in English it's home sweet home. In Filipino? "Wala pa ring tatalo sa Alaska!" Harharhar! Kidding aside, in Filipino we say "Iba pa din ang nasa sariling bayan!"

Anyways, I guess I've captured a piece of emotion which Van Goh felt when he painted that Starry Night Over The Rhone painting and Don Mc Lean's Starry Starry Night song.

Oh well! I better go now before I dwell deeper into Van Goh's life story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1