Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Philidor's Bloodline

Hello everyone!

As I celebrate my birthday here in Morocco, far from my family and my Eureka chessboard, I was lucky enough to have passed by a magazine stand and saw two familiar non-English word printed as a title for a magazine : Europe Echecs!

I knew it would'nt be in English but still it's about chess. The fact that I've been frustrated for the past five months in searching for a cafe' that is teeming with chess playing crowd nor any bystander seating in one corner and outsmarting each other with the game.

This is June issue of Europe chess which has a front cover that translates to "The International Grandmasters of France, Children of Philidor"

Just in case you missed your History of Chess 101 class, Francois-Andre Philidor was born in France and always considered music as his life and not chess.

I'd like to link you to two sites I read after catching fire looking at the diagrams and photos from the magazine.

A book called The Life of Philidor, Musician and Chessplayer and The chess games of Francois Andre' Philidor.

It is, as I said, in French so I had to content myself in replaying the games from the magazine which was enjoyable anyways!

Philidor Defense?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1