Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Friday, June 26, 2009

Gears for the Serious Chessplayer and Blogger

I've been chess blogging for the past four years and thanks to chess and blogging for it brought me to a place where I can blah blah my thoughts here to suit my heart's content. I met people from all walks of life who have a lot to say about the game. For some, chess is their life while for some, they hate the game with a big H. There are kinks and there are stinks in any field of endeavor and fortunately, the chess kingdom was and is continually blessed to have most of the nuts and skunks around the royal squared circus.

From my standpoint (which I could not even call a vantage point), I have quietly classified but not stereotyped residents of the kingdom into two:

1. The Players. These are the the major residents of the kingdom. They make life easier for everyone and they sustain the addiction for everyone to enjoy. They produce a lifetime of specimen for everyone to look into and positively or negatively criticize. Hence the word analyze should be replaced with ass-ess (pun intended). But still, I can still differentiate the types of players we have. The Professionals, the school varsity, the amateur, the rising stars, the hopefuls and the hopeless. All of these tags are based on the question"So why are you playing chess?"

The modern chess player have gizmos and gadgets to rely upon. They use numerous datebase and store them on reliable laptops and notebooks. It's important to know where to buy them and for the players with loaded schedule, there is only one place to go and it's at GearZap.Com.

I can't imagine anyone among these players who have not in anyways used a computer once and checked for a variation in their choice of opening, or analyzed and endgame database. A chessbase analysis I found on YouTube:



Most of them own either a notebook or a laptop and for sure they have Laptop accessories, from headphones to screen protectors (man the hours of staring at the glare) to external drives where they store millions of chess games not including their own games.

2. The Kibitzers. Some lightyears ago, kibitzers were simply defined as those who gives comments on a game still being played. But now we have a lot of kibitzers, from bloggers to anonymous blog commentators. There are types of kibitzers and they fall on three categories: The informed, the misinformed and those who thinks they are the information themselves. Where do I fall? The misinformed!

Just like the players, these bloggers have the need for laptops and notebooks. My own 3 year old laptop is on it's way to "hand-me-down" lane and I have been contemplating which brand I'll be getting when I come home in July. One important factor I'm really looking into is the laptop weight and the accessories that goes with it.

I am using the Acer Aspire 4310 and I guess I'll be getting a new one but am not switching brands. Acer Aspire One Accessories seem to be a good choice.

Although I have decided on getting another Acer notebook, this did not prevent me from looking into the Asus products specially the Asus EEE Accessories. Lots of choices, good choices at that with reasonable prices and customer friendly assistance.

The best thing with this is that one can buy these stuffs online!

One thing I regret the most is that I never bought the external drive and extra battery for my laptop before going overseas. I knew there would be lots of games to store and my need to plug on the electric power is very evident now as I write this post.

These are the gears for the serious chessplayer and bloggers. We all kow the capability of each resident of the kingdom, we just have to appreciate what they can do to further the revolution, chess revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1