Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Friday, June 19, 2009

Saturation Point: Maximum

Hi there!

It's been awhile since I played with my Picasa 3 and tonight, I pressed on the saturate button under the effects menu to my satisfaction. The results were just what I've wanted, pastelized!

My very willing subject, Sadik. His moustache, his eyeglasses minus his classic cigar puffing moment. No smoke this time Sadik!


I took this photo on our way back to Ifrane Centerville. This one fronts the National Park I always go to. Today I went there with Ate Wilma. This was a natural looking capture before pressing on the saturate mode three times pastelized!

This one I took from the veranda, opposite my room and right next to my ward's room. I missed the farm workers picking fruits from these trees.


My oh my! My unfixed, Oh no, my fix it now things!


What did I tell you? He is more than a willing subject for me. But you know what? Each time he shows up for work and drive all of us in his red checkered longsleeves, I am reminded of the early days of Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam. They were never seen in concerts and MTV's without that reddish checkered longsleeves which most Filipino bands copied to the hilt. Anyways, I pressed the black and white button once, then saturate, lastly black and white button again. I loved the effect here!

Here, Ate Wilma took the shot. I did a combination of glow, feather and sharpen effects here.


This last one, I wanted to create a nostalgic feel of the place and at the same time capture the surroundings as wide and as clear as I can. Sadly though, my camera is a point and shoot which means it cannot do a wide angle shot. If I try to do a panoramic shot, my subjects would be far and small and if I zoom in on my subjects, I won't get the background.

Anyways, Nikon D 40 would have to wait for awhile or if I win in a lottery, I'd buy a high end Nikon SLR camera. Thing is I don't bet on any lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1