Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Saved By The Fork

I played a 30/G at FICS and it resulted in a draw this time with the black pieces. Below is the position after 47. Bf4 and it felt drawish but then I wanted to push it to the limit. Since I was down by two pawns and from the previous 46 moves we played, I felt too that I can take on my opponent further.



I was again at the crossroads between 47...BxB4 and 47... Bxa3. I took the pawn and 5 moves later I was hanging on for my dear life.



I knew I had to keep my knight for a possible fork that would save this game which I had to survive from the opening until the end. I was confident by the way during the middle game while the white pieces were breaking down the barriers to my king. I knew he would overreach and again, I felt his moves were not as fatal.

The position after white's 69. Kd2 which I gladly replied with 69...Nc4+:



Oh I wish I could show you the entire game but this game took 99 moves for white before we agreed to a draw. We ended the game with me having 7 minutes and 3 sec to spare while my opponent had 30 sec.

Right after the 47th move, I had to keep in mind the three features of an endgame which were discussed in the Just The Facts: An Endgame Book post namely 1) Zugzwang 2) Active/Aggressive King and 3) Importance of passed pawns.

This game I played against berrard of FICS. Thirty minute games are long enough to have an endgame to ponder on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1