Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pump up the volume!

Pump up the volume and rock your gray matter!

Whaaatt?

During my high school years, when grunge was the flavor of the day in the international music scene and "alternative" in the local scene, I would play our "component" volume to the max to my parents anger and my siblings teasings.

With Evenflow and Black by Pearl Jam and Combo on the run and Alcohol by Eraserheads alternating in the stratospheres of our house, I'd feel so light, so high and so energetic that I've learned to call this headache-no ache moments as my high time.

Now that I'm a family man myself, loaded with stuffs I dare not touch back into my bachelor days, the only high time I have off my family life is chess, win or lose. Here's why:
How chess really lights up your brain?

Imagine those nerve cells and it's associative neuro-wirings sending electric impulses each time we see recognized patterns of winning lines? Going into ecstatic euphoria in a millisecond is usual before giving your final blow to your opponent... The highs of every chess addict!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1