Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Preparing and Reviewing

As a licensed educator for the last 9 years of my life, I have seen teaching as a very important part of my life and I will never see myself in any other field.

As I prepare myself for a "repeat performances" of my Storytelling Workshop on Sunday, April 13 at the Children's Library Imus and "Adressing and Handling Children with Special Needs in the Regular Classroom" at the ISO Compound Ateneo de Manila University on May 3, I can't help but appreciate the one major reminder my professors from my graduate classes about teaching and preparation. They often reminded us that teaching is 40% and preparation is 60% work output. No more no less. A successful teaching learning experience has to have a 60% preparation on the part of the teacher and student.

So now, I review my compiled literature on storytelling and a good online source for me about storytelling is Tim Sheppard's Storytelling Resources.

Also, as I prepare for my SPED Workshop seminar, feel so lucky enough to have had a good collection of special education books from years of reading and buying from friends, specialty bookstores and libraries.

Prepare and review, the two most important words in teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1