Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Houdini's Act

Hey there!

As I prepare myself to stay away from my chess activity (including my posting's here in our blog) to buckle down to work, I thought of playing OTB games with my 4 blocks away neighbor Gilbert last Saturday, 8PM till 12 PM.

As we were both working Padre de pamilya, both with 3 young kids, we had to wait to put the kids to sleep and made sure our loving-chess-envious wives were happy with their Saturday night TV jams before we played 30-30 games in his place.

Yes I won 8 games, lost twice and drew once against him. The draw still lingers in my head and probably rocks Gilbert's brain out to the hilt.

Here is the drawn game :



I was white and he just made his move h4-h3. All my rook checks to the black King leads to a draw. A capture would definitely end the game into draw immediately. The highs I always look forward to especially when I'm down and almost out.

What happened was I moved my rook on f4+ and he captured with his pawn. That's when I said "draw pare!' To his dismay and to my moon and back grin on my face!

What you think? Really a draw?

4 comments:

  1. no its not a drwaish position, black must not take the rook, you go away until the check block by the bishop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not a draw sir.
    a possible variant:

    1 Rf4+ Kh5
    2 Rh4+ Kg6
    3 Rh6+ Kf5
    4 Rf6+ Ke4
    5 Rf4+ Kd3
    6 Rf3 Be3 -+

    ReplyDelete
  3. in the first place, why h4-h3?
    why not a bishop move or a rook move?
    2 connected pawns and another protected pawn plus a bishop, why didn't you resign immediately?
    i think you should better resign than to have drawn your game with a blunder on one side and with that position and number of pieces, it's illogical to continue the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. instead of h3 black should have played king g3 with a forced mate on h2.
    and if rook f2 the only move, then king takes f2, king h2 and its over.

    mike

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1