Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Circus and Carnivals a.k.a Election Campaign

Remember our post Circus 2010?

Well our presidentiables waited until  yesterday, that is Tuesday, to make their perceived Grand Opening Day sort of election campaign. Let's do a run down of what our future president and losers did yesterday to cause road traffics everywhere they went.

The Transformers Team  led by the tandem of Richard Gordon and Bayani Fernando started their campaign  in Imus, Cavite. It doesn't take a genius to know that the main road in Cavite going to Manila and vice versa is the one and only Aguinaldo high-way.

Simple Math: five hundred jeepneys bearing Marikina-Cogeo signages full of people with you + ten or more trucks colored pink that bears their names + one Optimus Prime Truck + Rush Hour along Aguinaldo high-way = TRAFFIC JAM.

I saw the two on national TV singing John Lennon's Imagine with groupies doing back up vocals. For looking stupid on TV and doing their jobs well, I don't know if I'll vote for them.

The tandem of Noynoy Aquino and Mar Roxas began their national campaign in Tarlac. From what I saw in late last night's news, Noynoy Aquino did a rap song and threw dirtful of issues against his closest rival candidate Manny Villar while Mar Roxas looked on.

Simple Math: Kris Aquino + Korina Sanchez + = ABS-CBN Team in yellow.

Joseph "Erap" Estrada and Jojo Binay tandem began their campaign on the grounds of Plaza Miranda, Quiapo. Again, from what I saw on the tube, there's not much showbiz personalities except for Eddi Guttierez and Eddie Garcia. Aiko Melendez was there too who is running for a seat in Quezon City. I swear I must have heard the song One More Chance.

Simple Math: Few Showbiz + Few Masa = Any chance?

Eddie Villanueva and Perfecto Yasay Jr. did it in Luneta with  the unfurling of what appeared to be the biggest Philippine Flag ever. If they win, there's a big chance of spiritual change our country needs but I doubt that they will win.

Simple Math: Eighty Percent Catholic votes + Twenty Percent others =  Impossible.

Manny Villar and Loren Legarda went to Laguna with showbiz personalities. Wowowee's Willie Revillame did a song and dance backed up by almost nude female dancers. Just can't tell you  if the song was Nobody  or  Somebody.  Both Manny  and Loren made sure they would throw muds and dirts against their perceived closest rivals Noynoy and Mar. My question: has Villar put up a housing program that was for free? Pro-Mahirap would either be free or free of charge. But from what I've gathered, all the housing projects that made him the richest public servant in the country were commercialized.

Simple Math: Villar + PGMA on the background + C5 Controversy + Legarda's Un-Masa Image = Lot's of Explanation.

Gilbert Teodoro and  Edu Manzano did it in Antipolo. The Official PGMA candidate is lagging behind in surveys and I dont think they can ever catch up. From what I've seen and heard, Gibo seems an intelligent man and I've heard him talk about his rivals with respect. But this dignified and schooled image of his will be so hard to swallow for the voting masa. Add to the fact that I've never heard about him until late last year.

Simple Math:  Official  PGMA Candidate +  Perceived Lack of Support from PGMA +  "Too Clean" Image = Not a chance.

Independent  presidential bet Jamby Madrigal started her campaign in Quiapo with her seldom seen in public husband and some sortie.When I saw her and her sortie on TV, Ijust had to ask myself why, why If I were Jamby, as rich as Jamby is, why would I go to  hell and race back to earth  to run for presidency.

Simple Math: No Juday = No chance at all.

So far, these are the known presidentiables. But I do hope you all have read my 2010 Philippine Election post a month ago. In there I linked our readers to the Official Website of COMELEC and I myself was surprised to have seen names I never even heard of.

JC De Los Reyes, the nephew of Dick Gordon. He started his campaign in his hometown Angeles City. If i asked the question why to jamby's ambition to seat inside the country's Malacanang Palace as the head, imagine what I would've asked when I saw his name. I didn't have the grasp of logic to even utter a word.

See, the man is definitely  perceived to be sane. I saw him on TV with his blue vest giving out leaflets and shaking hands with drivers who happened to be standing nearby. Hands in the air I give to him.As for the reason for running, I don't know and I can't really know.

If God wants him to run, I cannot argue because I believe in God too and that with God, nothing is impossible.

No Math here.

Next is Nicanor Perlas.

Why? Answer me please.

Here's what I know: I saw him on TV and he attended the event organized by Ateneo for candidates and he was the only one there. Must be a lonely thing to do but again, I cannot question his desire to serve the country just like his rivals. And to me, he looked decent and schooled and that made it  much harder to understand.

No Math here too.

I might have missed other candidates so here is the link again for the Official List of Candidates.



 




 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post! I never knew it that way. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing this post. Keep posting!

    -pia-

    www.ramonguico.com

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1