Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Thursday, February 18, 2010

ADHD and Me

The years 2000-2010 is my first decade as a Teacher. Got my diploma for my B.S. in Occupational Therapy then finished my academic requirements for my master's in special education major in early intervention with specialized research studies on Autism and Learning Disabilities, professional units in Teaching Children with Special Needs in a multi-cultural classroom and numerous seminars and workshops all around the Philippines regarding teaching and learning process.

All these add nothing to my personal contentment when compared to what I feel after processing (listening and talking to) parents in distress over the fact that their children have recently been diagnosed with a certain kind of condition. Tonight is one of those nights when I feel and agree with what others have said before, that teaching is a noble act, a vocation and not a profession.

Tonight I thank God for giving me the opportunity to provide insights to parents about ADHD. Tonight it is and will be one of those nights to look back to.

Well before I get so chessy here and you teary-eyed, let me share these YouTube videos regarding ADHD. I wish you will learn from these and be a beacon of hope and light to those who are going thru the darkness, not knowing what to do or not knowing where to start with their journey with ADHD.



Here is another one...



But of course I have to make sure you are well aware of the signs and symptoms of ADHD:



Living with ADHD can be very stressful but let's just say it's part of a wonderful package of living with amazing individuals:



This one is for all the parents around the world!



Have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1