Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Friday, July 18, 2008

Miguel Tomas' Birthday

Miguel Tomas (Mitto, Miggs, Mi-Mi, Miel) DOB: July 24, 2005


Hi there!

Yesterday, my wife and I, together with our kids, celebrated our 4th year wedding anniversary and at the same time the 3rd birthday celebration (in advance) of our youngest son, Miguel Tomas.

Thank God the rains of typhoon Helen didn't pour out the whole day as we travelled by bus and cab from Imus to Manila Ocean Park (MOP). The MOP is a place still in progress and I have to admit I would have chosen Mall of Asia's Science Centrum had I known the MOP's fishtanks and exhibition halls are in it's infancy stages.

But during lunchtime, I had flashbacks of the excitements and laughters my children had when we were inside the MOP galleries. A good time for me and my kids to bond without the distractions of chess, full-time jobs and other "with-out-this-where-would-we-be" stuffs. Of course, our birthday boy would not pass up on the chance to try and catch one of the colorful pets inside the tanks. Miguel tried to get hold of the Blue Star Fish, got wet, scared and gained another learning experience. Hahahahah! Of course, Miguel's mom would not let this "childish thing" go away without a little litany of do's and don'ts while inside the MOP.

Anyways, while we were heading out to get a cab to take us to SM Manila for lunch, we had to pass by the Luneta grandstand and yes, I was delighted to see two men witting each other out on the chessboard. Although the Luneta Chess Park was just across the street away, I didn't even think of bringing my kids there. Just the sight of the two men playing under the shady trees was ok, enough to remind my kids of the game. Heheheheh!

Some pictures:

Serene Life Of The Tank er, Sea Creatures

Gotta Swim Or Float (Alligator snaps)

Blank Colors

Giant Clams (daw!) I thought giants are GIANTS!

Left to right: Kuya Ydam, B-day boy Miggs and Ate Patricia.

Left to right: Miggs, Mommy Claire, Ydam and Ate Patricia.

Tongue Lashing the Tanks! Ydam, Miggs and Me.

Correctly labeled this time, Giant Spider Crab!

Interestingly, this morning before heading off to NBI-Carriedo for my clearance, I asked my kids what's their favorite fish in the Ocean Park:

Kiko: Ano gusto mong fish sa Ocean Park?

Miguel Tomas: "Yung spi-deh (spider crab) na fish!"

Freedom Angelo: "Yung tao na fish!"

Hahahahah! The "tao na fish" was the mascot of the Manila Ocean Park!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1