Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, February 4, 2008

Chess Buzzing Quietly

Hi there!

Last Friday I went to a good friend's house on a text(short) notice. I was surprised to find out that his son was celebrating his 10th birthday. This son of his, I really believe will become a titled chess player someday so before he achieve the feat, I'll make sure I'll have him sign my chessboard. Heheheh!

I stayed in there for sometime, around two hours and yes, I got juicy bits about ches in the Philippines. I've had a lot of them and this time, I heard a ot of chess stories regarding chess coaching. Ouch!

Rackets in chess Coaching? Oh noh! Choosing to be in the teaching profession for almost 10 years now, I have heard a lot of "noble" stories about this profession and to be honest, I'm bored with those stuffs! Yes! One needs to earn a living too right? That's why I feel lucky to be ina more dynamic, somehow financially sustaining institution.

I have always seen chess coaching as one of the areas of the teaching profession and I felt bad hearing all those coaching schemes which makes money. Stories like a player gets into the varsity team, gets a scholarship and whoala the chess coach would "milk" money from the player. Defaulting his own team is another issue. Here, the players are not advised of the correct game schedules, courtesy of the coach.

Here's one last issue I could not ignore... Coach getting one of his players preggy. Believe it or not!

Tsk! Tsk!

On the other hand, it was my turn to buzz something into my friends awareness. Somebody tipped me who the "banned for life" are. Tsk tsk! tell you guys, he was not surprised at all. But yes, I was really saddened the first time my tipster told me about this.

So much of chess buzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1