Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, September 1, 2008

Cute Ones'

Hello there!

This will be my 2nd post from a weeklong blog break which felt like an eternity.

First stop, I'd like to share to you guys how the first day of our Chess After-School-Activity went...

We started at 2:35 this afternoon and expected to have my room (SPED room) to be full of excited newbies except of course for some pioneer members in the names of Benedict Edano and Shawn Christensen.

I had a total of 15 students which I expect will dwindle to 8 if I'm lucky but could still go down to two.

My youngest member is a preschooler, Trixcy who is 4 years old and Siddhart who is 5 years old. When I asked the two to set up their chessboards into starting position, I made sure they would have a model prepared in advance. And then...

Trixcy: "Why would he play with me? He doesn't know?"

Mr. Francis: "We are here to have fun and have friends while learning chess..."

Siddhart: "Mr.Francis... ahm, ah,..."

Mr. Francis: "Yes Sid? How are you? Your ok with Trixcy?"

Siddhart: "Ahm... Mr. ..."

Mr. Francis: "The three of us will play, no worries ok?"

Siddhart: (whispering) "Is this snakes and ladders?"

Mr. Francis: "Sid, this is what we call chess and the boards you play on are called chessboards!"

Hahahaha! It will be a lot of work for sure!


And from the middle years program students:

Student 1: "Ei' mr.Francis finally after two Mondays of no school, I'll be playing!"

Mr. Francis: "GO ahead enjoy!"

Student 2: "Let's play then!" (talking to student 1)

Student 1: "Ok, tell me how to !!!"

Oopps! Now that's the attitude with capital A!

Great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1