Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Friday, February 5, 2016

Celebrating Chinese New Year 2016



It will be a long weekend, thanks to our Chinese brothers, they'll be celebrating their new year on Monday, February 8, 2016. What will you guys be doing for three days? Will you still be working at the office? Will you be travelling out of town? Will you be biking with family and friends? What will you be doing?

I will be attending to my basketball coaching and fatherhood duties this coming weekend.

University of Asia & the Pacific Men's Basketball Team will have a game on Sunday for our Summer League and will be playing against Our Lady of Fatima University at the De La Salle-Antipolo Gym. Tomorrow I'll have the whole morning to be with my HS Basketball team, training and coaching. I'll be bringing along my son M for the workouts.

Monday will be a two-game billing for my HS team....Game 2 and Game 6, it will be a killer but my boys will be up to it.

And yes, Yang Chow Restaurant called me up this week and said I won a Set Meal and I can claim it (eat it!!!) anytime. Yehey!

Going back to the topic...

For 2016, according to Chinese tradition and this website, it will be the Year of the Monkey. And better watch out, they say people born in a year of the monkey, 2016 is considered a bad year. Bad year huh? But what do they say about the monkey for the Year of the Monkey?

The Monkey is ninth of the 12 animals in the recurring 12-year Chinese zodiac cycle. Every 12 years there is a Monkey year. Monkey years are all multiples of 12 --- from 12 AD, through 1200 AS to now in 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1