Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Old Glory of Manila

I remember very well how my dad would boast of his childhood days to me. His reminiscing of the good old days when he would play with his friends and "trolley" along the San Miguel Avenue fronting the Malacanang Palace. Him growing up in San Miguel and going to Pio Del Pilar Academy in Sta. Mesa and V. Mapa High School in Mendiola street.

His sweet recall of his childhood to teenage life story was truly infectious that I grew up dreaming that one day I would get to live and enjoy the scenes he enjoyed while growing. Sadly, my generation can only hope and dream of such lifestyle.

Thankfully, a colleague of mine who shares the same affection of the "Old Manila" showed me this video below. Manila before the WWII catastrophe!



If you can't get enough, visit Old Manila Nostalgia and Old Manila Walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1