Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blogging, friends and chess

Hi there!

Yesterday, I did something I have long wanted to do so. To give tribute to the major sites I found helpful for me and for my chess students. Here at PCC, I almost always go for the spur of the moment, unplanned writing style (the truth is, inspiration!), no edit, just pure head to hand to computer method.

Blogging nowadays is one of the silent forces changing and shaping society on the global level. We bloggers find satisfaction when we know that our thoughts, ideas and jumbled up letters are being read and appreciated.

But I really believe the reason behind the increase among bloggers is simple, we gain friends, establish friendships and find those others who share the same passion.

Today, I received a thank you note from someone I wrote about yesterday. The sender happens to be working in the same field that I do, Special Education... helping people, teaching people. He further told me that my favorite movie, Stand by me was shot near his hometown in Oregon. Small world indeed! he said.

While I was reading his note, I was having goosebumps because I felt the sincerity he had while writing for me. Ironically, he was thanking me when in fact, I was the one whose suppose to thank him.

Here in our country, I met people, consider them as my chess friends, who, I believe won't be in my friends list had I not started this blog. These are people from all walks of life. National masters, writers, businessmen, fellow chess addicts and others. In Cavite (hometown of mine), I was lucky enough to be part of a chess association (because of PCC) that hopefully will live up to it's advocacy, improve lives thru chess!

I was even interviewed thru email by a student writer of De La Salle University-Dasmarinas because of our blog...

A lot of reasons to blog... And the only reason I find worth looking at is friendship.

Chess, blogs and friendships.

Bye for now! Got to go look for an enemy on the board! hahahahah!

1 comment:

  1. Had it not been for chess I should never have met some of the extraordinary men and women, in many walks of life, whose acquaintance has enriched my days. Among them I count some of my best friends - reason enough for me to be grateful to the game.

    Edward Lasker

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1