Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Sunday, November 16, 2008

To Pin or Not To Pin




I arrived in this position while playing 20/G with Tristan this afternoon. In this position, black played Qc6 which I replied with Qc8+. The game ended there because he used up all his remaining time and I reminded him the time loss story of Andronico Yap which Lilet told us some months ago... well we laughed so hard we ended up trying to get the best continuation for both sides.

First concern, a longer time control could have forced me to move Bb5 after black's Qc6, the pin is a power tripper right? Hehehehe! Any of his moves I could have followed with Rh1-e1.

But anyways, how would you have continued? Please send me your thoughts. My idea here is:

1. Qc8+ ... Ke7
2. Bb5 Nd7
3. Re1+ Ne5

And black escapes? Temporarily with tremendous material loss.

Don't use your chess playing sofware yet here. Am sleepy now, Monday tomorrow and I gotta head for bed now.

Bis' morgen!

1 comment:

  1. Im just wondering how can u move ur Bishop to c5 without being excommunicated?

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1