Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Chess activities here and there

Hi!

First, I'd like to inform our readers that the post I made entitled "News from years ago" was a simple compilation sent to me by the RP-Chess Group creator and I was not the one who wrote them. I simply shared it with you guys. Ok? Let the credits go to where it is due.

Second, all the favors I've asked from chess people from 2 weeks ago have been granted now. Sir John of SCU_grad of NCFP forum furnished me a copy of the 3rd Xavier Interscholastic Chess Invitational which we will be seeing here today. The IMPORTANT (at least for me!) pictures I took from the Xavier event were all erased acidentally by my younger brother Jaime Antonio. Ouchh! I lost the photo where I was able to put together the coaches from all the participating schools, the organizers and International Arbiters Yutuc and Bautista. Hay naku!

Also, The BANG sent me a copy of an article regarding the game-fixing in Philippine Chess.

So I guess our post for today will be loaded. Let's digest them one by one!

PSBA-SCC Tournament:

Good evening sir! The tournament last February 25, 2007 at Riverbanks Center Foodcourt Area was successful. 95 players competed against each other for 7 Rounds under the Swiss System, organized by Student Chess Club - PSBA QC and supervised by Milagros Emperado of Metropolitan Chess Club.

We are very glad to send you some of our pictures during the tournament. Mr. Jose Aquino Jr. emerged as the champion. However, we cannot send you other official results because it was lost after the awarding.

Thanks again sir for allowing us to advertise in your web site. May your mission to promote chess in the Philippines continue to stay stronger. More power to you and to all chess enthusiasts!
Felinor G. Pascua Jr.
President (2004-2007) - SCC-PSBA QC

Pictures from the event...















Don't you just love to see photos from a chess tournament? It gives one a refreshing feeling in times of issues which only ruin the sports.

We now go to the document which The BANG sent us...


As I said from my previous post, it's Fire Prevention Month in March but Philippine Chess is on fire now!

And now we have the Final result of the 3rd Xavier Interscholastic Chess Invitational:

Standings
Place Name Score
1-2 Mejia, Giovanni 5.5
Mejia, Cherry Ann 5.5
3-6 So Kua, Timothy 4.5
Laude, Edward 4.5
Lumacad, Jerome 4.5
Javier, Neil 4.5
7-10 Fulcher, Lawrean 4
Hernandez, James 4
Panganiban, Enrique 4
McDonough, Kennedy 4
11 Tan, Jasper 3.5
12-19 Cheng, Clint Matthew 3
Koh, Kevin 3
Djemal, Tal 3
Uy, Randolph Richard 3
Edano, Benedict 3
Go, Paul 3
Iyengar, Trisha 3
Pe, Justin 3
20 Broch, Paul David 2.5
21-28 Shin, Bahdah 2
Catindig, Pearl 2
Nomoto, Kiyohiro 2
Elsaputra, Kevin 2
Melwani, Lynlyn 2
Sy, Tyler 2
Christensen, Shawn Patrick 2
Haw, Martey 2
29 Melwani, Joshua 1.5
30-31 Mills, Christopher 1
Sandevi, Atlas 1
32 Gouthamaan, Manimaran 0.5

Club Standings
Place Name Score

1 LICS-A 19.5
2 LICS-B 17
3 XAVIER 12.5
4 MAKATI HOPE 10.5
5-6 ISM-A 10
GANDHI-A 10
7 ISM-B 9.5
8 GANDHI-B 4
9 INDEPENDENT 2

I'm still trying to learn how to post such tables. Sorry about the format!

La Immaculada placed 1st and 2nd for the Grade School Division! For my MGIS A, tied with ISM A. Good enough for first timers! For my MGIS-B, it placed at 8th, second to last!

This only means that improvement is the way to go for my kids!

Whew! This one's a load! Till next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1