Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, March 5, 2007

And then there was the resignation!

I was never near my computer the past 4 days except for occasional email checks and chika texts. That's the reason why PCC cooled off for awhile. Although my blog did so for awhile, the issues we have regarding Philippine Chess is getting much more interesting... or should I say, getting hotter as we welcome the Month of March, fire prevention month! Ironically, recent happenings go against Fire Prevention Month as the resignation of FORMER BENGUET Governor Raul Molintas as co-chairperson of the internal affairs committee of the National Chess Federation of the Philippines (NCFP) to protest the manner with which the alleged game-fixing controversy was resolved. This further fuels the issue!

As I read in amazement (imagine NCFP hugging the sports news in that manner?) I asked myself this "How come these things are let loose? uncontrolled?" Is it a communication break down? or simply an intentional attack on the players from who knows who?

The funny thing is (yes! I've learned to laugh at the way we Filipinos deal with difficulties and failures, yes I am one of them!) these news does not stay within our shores. It echoes throughout the entire Universe, thanks (no thanks to issues like these though) to cyberspace!

I want to cry! I want to laugh! But above all, I want to play chess!

Anyways, here are the links from the two major dailies in the Philippines that brought the recent cry (-able), shame inducing stories regarding Philippine Chess...

Chess exec protests ban on players, resigns post!

Official questions report, quits!

The results of the PSBA Student Chess Club Tournament is with me and am just awaiting for some details before I post it here. Also, The 3rd Xavier Interscholastic Chess Invitational was sent to me courtesy of Mr. John Sy! Watch out for it!

Till our next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1