Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, April 29, 2019

Dear Pro Football Philippines 2019

Hi everyone and welcome back to our blog!

If you have been following my writings and musings here, you know very well that our little online space is  still a baby. I started writing about football and for Cavite Football, officially, last January 1, 2019. I started with this post: Cavite Football Academy Blog Launch.

I got into "football" because my sons chose to play the game about five or six years ago.

And about last year, my youngest son represented our city and CALABARZON at the Vigan Palarong Pambansa. He got into Cavite Football Academy and I felt I could help the academy thru blogging.

And that's what got me into football.

Now that I've given you a backgrounder on why I have this space we can move on to my real post.

Dear Professional Football in the Philippines,

I've got questions. Lots of them. Hope you can find the time to read this.

Why? Why are we in such place? I am from a place where adolation is a dime a dozen. Maningko ang pagmamahal where I come from. I know I should never compare you with someone else. I know but please understand that we barely know each other. I can't help but wander.

How could it be this way?

Is it broken? Can we fix this? I want to. Let's try to work it out. I'm holding on. Yes I am that's for sure.

Who? Who can do it? Who can lead the fixing?

Does it need fixing? Or should we let it be?

Know what? Today, today I asked someone. I asked someone who I really think knows the goings-on. I asked him:

"Hi! May I ask for some enlightenment about PFF, PPL and football in general?

"How could the "licensing" issue be a big issue for PPL? 
At the heart of every sports event is the simple desire to "play"...right?"

It becomes "issue-ish" when other aspects of "play" is given more importance than "playing"

And his reply was simple, truthful (that's how I felt when I read it) and with hopelessness (hindsight to which I have no way of fact-checking)

"Sorry  really dunno"

And more questions are in my head now more than ever. You know what, Pro Football, I really think you're growing on me now. I think about you when I wake up. When I stare at my desktop its you I see. When I talk to my wife, I think about you. I imagine myself spending my afternoon weekends with you. I do my daily rounds of teaching, I can feel you. You're always on my mind.

At times, I'm seen by basketball, volleyball, chess and table tennis staring in space and I know they know. They just don't want to confront me. Even my best friend, sleep, nagdududa na.

Pro Football... are you viable in our country? And can the business side wait for a bit? Are we too-much-too-soon in terms of expectations? Can R.O.I. be the last one on the agenda? Please?

FIFA-PFF can you help? As in really help? Is it possible to tweak "some' policies to accommodate the situation in here? 

Don't you think the "Home-and-Away' format is just too much for the clubs to handle? Oh wait, a newbie like me can count money (although not as much). But I have the answer to that. Its too expensive for the clubs!

Can we forego TV sponsorship for now? Do you know any willing sponsors to pay astronomical amount of money for a low-rating TV show? Sorry Pro Football, I didn't mean to hurt you with that. I want to have an honest-to-goodness relationship with you. And I will tell you and ask you what you need to hear.

Can live streams like FB Live do the job for you? Twitter feeds, FB Shout outs and IG posts can help you as well don't you think?

Pro Football, can we start small? No telecast on TV but a social media trending might do the job right?

And the club fees, can we lower it down to something that's really affordable? Please?

Pro Football...how 'bout the most difficult part of this letter? Personalities in your arena.

Let me lay down my cards. I do not know anyone in the pro level. Let me repeat. I do not know anyone personally in the pro level. I have not met anyone from the pro level.

And so I cannot and should not, be partial. Pro Football...I.always aspire to be  impartial.

The owners have invested heavily in their teams. Hell yeah! 

They definitely are crazy in love about "the beautiful game". Of course!

I'm sure their wives have forgiven them a long time ago. Right millionaire husbands?

So why can't we give-in to their wants that are not otherworldly?

Philippine Premier League. Yeah, that's your name now. Sounds good. But it can only be better if you can stand the test of time. Some peeps would love to see you rise up.Some don't and some are playing the wait-and-see game. I don't blame them.

Pro Football, you've seen how the good times roll and you definitely would love to keep on rolling.

I would, cross-my-heart, love-to-see-pro-football-flourish-for-a-long-time before I die. 

Please PPL! 

Stay strong!

Like, strong strong!

Not the strong now but let's see.

Please stay strong!

With love and affection...

Sincerely,

Francis

1 comment:

  1. I like your Blogposts of Bangalore FC.
    Looking residential football academy? Stadiumsoccer provides stadiumsoccer

    World class Best Football Academy in Bangalore Stadiumsoccer Bangalore FC training program is intende

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1