Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Romeo and Juliet

Hi there!

Did you fall off your chair when you read the title post? Hahahahah! Early this morning, during my classroom sit in with my special kids in their music class (includes drama, acting and art) their teacher showed them the first part of Romeo and Juliet film clip, produced by the British Brodcasting Corporation sometime around the 80's.

In the part where Romeo and Juliet had their first meet up at the party, it dawned on me... this story is very much rooted in our game, chess! Ooooppps! It really shows how much chess occupies my head! The two warring families never seem to tire themselves out. Their at it, day and night, every second of every minute, trying to outdo each other. Just like our light and dark chess pieces, they never seem to give up their love-hate relationship!

Day and night, the sun and the moon, the famous Joe Frazer-Muhammad Ali rivalry, The Green and Blue rivalry and so on...

It's endless... I don't know what will happen in this world if the rivalry between those chess pieces ceases... I don't want to think about!

Before I dig into famous historical rivalries since time began, I'd like to share this link of Chess-poster.com at http://www.chess-poster.com/index.htm. The first time I came across the site. Sure looks a good source of chess....

Till then!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a chess player, so I really am not at liberty to comment on the game. But browsing through your blog, I see your commitment to children's well-being has not ceased; it magnified 10x over. For that, I applaud your (and Claire's) efforts to give opportunities to these kids and allow them to see the vast spectrum of colors they may be able to see in this lifetime. Allow me to congratulate you and wish for more power. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1