Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Saturday, April 28, 2007

For checking and confirmation...

Hi there!

I received a very helpful email from one of our readers and he reminded me to check and confirm the following posts I have made:

1. 9Th Dubai Open and
2. 2007 Pichay-Echiverri Chessfest

He told me that I posted a different result of the P-E Chessfest and so now, I am posting the Official result from the NCFP Site:

JRR Foundation rules Echiverri-Pichay chessfest

Final standings after nine rounds:

15 -- JRR Foundation
14 – Time Life-A
13 – Camalaniugan-Cagayan
12 – Kawasaki, Fearless
11 – Young Veterans, Caloocan
10 – Tagaytay-A, Time Life-B, FEU, Apocalypse-A
9 – Almanza, Caloocan Sports, PCU, Tagaytay-B, Caloocan District 2, Apocalypse-B, La Salle-St. Benilde

8 – Zoomex, Dumlao, YCCF-Taguig

SIXTH seed JRR Foundation drew inspired performance from newly-minted IM Julio Catalino Sadorra to capture the title in the 2007 Echiverri-PIchay national rpaid chess team championship held at the Bulwagang Katipunan in Caloocan City Hall.

Sadorra won four of his final five assignments to power JRR Foundation to the title in this nine-round, two-day tournament organized by the National Chess Federation of the Philippines (NCFP) under Surigao del Sur Rep. Prospero Pichay Jr. in cooperation with the Caloocan City government of Mayor Recom Echiverri.

JRR Foundation finished with 15 match points, a full point ahead of Time Life-A and two points ahead of Camalaniugan-Cagayan.

In the ninth and final round, JRR whipped Kawasaki Motors, 3-1, with Sadorra beating NM Ronald Llavanes and Verth Alora downing Joseph Esguerra.

Earlier, JRR drew with Camalaniugan-Cagayan, 2-2, in the fifth round with Sadorra beating IM Richard Bitoon in the top board and Xavier Verdum downing Rhoel Abelgas on board three.

Then, JRR nipped Time Life-A, 3-1, in the sixth round despite Sadorra’s defeat to GM Mark Paragua. Ted Montoyo, Verdun and Alora. Sadorra provided the much-needed victories for JRR.

In the seventh round, JRR drew with Fearless, 2-2, with Sadora winning over NM Nelson Villanueva and Verdum humbling Jayson Salubre.

Time Life-A, bannered by Paragua and Christian Arroyo, nipped Tagaytay-B, 2.5-1.5, in the eighth round and TAgaytay-A, 2.5-1.5, toclinch solo second place.

Paragua drew with GM-candidate Wesley So of Tagaytay-B in the eighth and GM Rogelio Antonio Jr. in the ninth to complete Time Life-A’s triumph.

Camalaniugan-Cagayan drew with Far Eastern University, 2-2, and edged Time Life-B, 2.5-1.5, for third place.

Fearless of NM Nelson Villanueva outclassed FEU, 3-1, to join Kawasaki for fourth to fifth places with 12 points.

Sharing sixth to seventh places were Young Veterans of GM-candidate Oliver Dimakiling, which routed La Salle-St. Benilde, 3.5-5; and Caloocan of NM Andrew Vasquez, which downed Philippine Christian University, 2.5-1.5.


As for the 9Th Dubai Cup, I was informed that it was to end on April 30, Monday. I was surprised about this because I got the info from the NCFP forum which I thought was the official one.

I would have to check the Official result of this event.

I am so sorry for this carelessness on my part. It nver occured to me too that there could be side events for Dubai Cup.

My thanks goes to our email sender for reminding me about journalistic issues. Thank you also sending supportive emails.

To all the persons/players maligned with the posts I erroneously made, I am sorry! To all the readers or PCC, I will tell you now that staring today, I'll keep in mind of these concerns, that of making sure of the posts I make here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1