Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Correspondence Chess

Online Correspondence chess has caught up with me. I discovered this really instructive form of chess game the latter part of year 2005 and somehow, it's only now that I feel am getting serious about it. For one, I had this really bad game which made me realize the power of studying every details of Correspondence Chess Games that I play. I had this game, I was up by 2 pawns and a knight. Since I usually am the one to invite my opponent, I thought I was playing the settings which I am used to.Time bank (the amount of time one is given to move which lasts from 1 day to a month or more etc.) is the most important detail in correspondence chess. For 5 days during the monday to friday working days, we exchanged moves in dizzying speed. Friday came and I made my move before shutting down my PC and starting my weekend with my wife and kids completely forgetting everything for two days.

Came Monday and I went straight to my PC and checked my emails. Yes! I open my chess emails first before my work related emails... (sorry! I need to get a quick-fix before I start my day) to my frustration, I opened this email notification saying I lost this game against this guy... reason? My Time Bank run out! Whoa! I emailed the guy and told him that I didn't know the time bank was that short. Sadly, results are recorded automatically so there's no use in trying to explain or argue. The next wise move? challenge the guy to another game and this time, I'd configure the game settings myself. Poor me! he didn't want to play with me anymore and until now, I still feel the pain of that lose.

So much for whining! What really is the status of Correspondence Chess? is it booming? if you ask me, I'd say yes: ONLINE! I cannot answer for the OLD SCHOOL CHESS MAIL SYSTEM.

Correspondence chess, that discipline inducing form of chess. Study habits are formed over time and not in an instant.

Anyone wants to play with me?

1 comment:

  1. visit www.karljay.com/webchess.

    You can play correnspondence chess there with a small group of players from US, Australia, Philippines and elsewhere. There are good (up to expert & NM level)and not so good players (novice to club-player strength) there. Nobody is of IM or GM level.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1