Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Life on Hold

Got a call from my wife
Her tone, her voice can't make much of a lie
And then she said "Got back from a meeting...with the nuns"
And so I knew it wasn't good, the meeting not nice

For a year or almost a year
I worked and coached a high school basketball team without fear
I learned the ways and went through the maze
Of working for this school that's not really blessed with grace

When friends and colleagues learn about my team
They look at me with silly grin
They ask sheepishly "how are you doing in that gym?"
I answer "Everyone's adjusting and everyone's learning"

And after about ten months
During this Summer Camp month
All hell broke loose from the nun's camp
They are asking for a lump sum

My camp it seems too good for the nuns
How come it had to be me running the camp?
Why didn't they see this in the last 50 years?
It took me and not them to see the beauty of the beast

They've gotten used to their ways
Their abusive and tyrannical days
Their teachers have learned to sway
But were always dumped in favor of the Greys

To end the meeting with the Greys
A shot was fired in a sense
Telling my wife that I won't be back
As a coach for next year daw

Do I care about it?
I'll be ready to leave today
The school that's been there for 50 years
And yet only has 600 students for the past year

A school that asks for 50k a year
But gives nothing for the kids
How can you expect them to grow
When the parents are campaigning to leave

I gave my best
I worked my best
I tried my best
Its your turn PS

Give back, give back
Help and share
It's time you give what's due to the students

I'll be perfectly fine. I wonder what will happen to my players and to the parents who opted to stay because I was there?

I wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1