Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Weekend's Best Finishes

I got my premium account for Chesscube and slowly I am discovering the advantages of having one. You get to play VIP-only tournaments with 150 cubit worth of prizes for the champion. I think I got 8 championships this afternoon and this one game I'm showing gave me my eighth. Visit the link here.

My black pieces were outnumbered. I was down on the exchange in the middle game that started with White's 22nd move exf6 but somehow found a small hope when I made my 30th move Rxe5. This was a harmless sacrifice but when my opponent took it, the trap was set. Six moves later, I gave an elementary checkmate with my Rook and Bishop against a cornered King.

And here is another game from the same tournament, with the black pieces against a higher-rated opponent:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1