Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Poetry Festival @ Beacon School

Poetry night in my school, Monday, December 12. This will be my first and I hope it goes well not just for me but for everyone, mostly seventh graders who worked hard on their poems. I wish I could share their works here and be amazed at how good these middle school students are.

I did a "sit-in" last week with these kids for their practice session and mighty glad I did. It was surprising to hear them read their piece. Talent really is in everyone, a matter of guidance and motivation is all they need from their teacher. Their teacher is a master and I'm glad I watched her how she handles the class superbly.

Well here is my poem I wrote while I was in Morocco around June 2009:

Isang Iglap


Isang iglap at tapos na ang anim na buwan,
Kisapmata, ihip ng hangin,
patak ng ulan.

Malapit na,
konti na lang
Pilipinas na
Mahal kong bayan!

Uuwi na, babalik na
Kapiling na,
kasama na
Konti na lang
malapit na!

Heto na
Naiisip ko na
Nadarama na
Pilipinas Game na!

Mga umagang puro saya
Mga gabing punong puno ng mga tala
Mga kwentuhang pabida
Lahat tumatawa, natatawa

Nawala'y sa bayan
Napilay, nanamlay at halos mamatay
Nalungkot, nabugnot
Puso'y napuno ng kirot

Isang saglit,
sandaling idlip
Ihip ng hangin
Simoy at amoy
Pilipinas, Pilipinas,
Pilipinas na!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1