Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Days Before Election

Six days before the national elections for my home country the Philippines, already machineries of the politicos are working hard and working well for theirown goals. Six days to go and the COMELEC is hard-pressed to deliver all the PCOS machines .Yesterday I talked to one of the many "volunteers" of Manny Villar in my place and I asked how they are planning to guard the machines for their candidates. I got one answer, "bahala na sila duon basta kami sa election day nakabantay!".

Who will be next after Gloria Macapagal Arroyo? Will the next president be able to surpass GMA's earnings of 149 million pesos in nine years? Will there be another "Hello Garci" scandal? Will there be another Ampatuan's in the making?

From what I've seen so far, the roads are a lot better and the walls are a lot dirtier during the election campaign. Money and more money will change hands and pockets and positions will be at the hands of the rich and filthy.

Six days before the election and I'm deeply looking at the future. Hiring and firing after a year was the theme of the conversation I had with one lady with a surname that starts with L, a name that ends with M with a maiden name that ends with O. Her initials would have to be MPL and I have this feeling that there's more story from her about someone she hired and fired in one academic year.

Laptop stolen, car unreturned and various letters of demand to return stuffs like mobile phones and notebooks in a European country. And there is this story about magnetizing a computer PC when that someone was fired. And there is also this incident when that someone broke his partner's clavicle and was brought to Asian Hospital. Sad story indeed to hear just days before the election and what's so mind blowing about all of this is that he is not running for any public office. 

Days before the election and my mind is clearly studying all the variations of my chess game called life. The nuisance of the position I am in is as annoying as a mate in 14 move puzzle, it is exciting but at the same time annoying. What's keeping me sane is the fact that my faith in life and in the existence of an Omnipotent God is as concrete as the sun rising up in the morning and setting in the evening.

I thank God for the guidance and enlightenment, thank you Lord!

P.S. Please don't ask me who that someone is because I woke up right where I was about to see the person's face.

Here is Michael Jackson's video I just can't stop loving you:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1