Wika Para sa Lahat

  Magandang araw! Magandang hapon! Magandang gabi! If you understood any of the words or phrases I used, chances are that you know they come...

Looking for Something Here?

Monday, January 1, 2007

Philippine Chess Chronicles 2007

Great chess year to all of us this 2007!

I have lined up a lot of feature articles, interviews and photo shoots for Philippine Chess Chronicles (PCC) this year. In fact, I have decided or should I say I have "willed" sometime around the first week of December 2006 that I will make sure to have four major interviews for our blog this year which will focus on major personalities of Philippine Chess. One article interview per quarter won't hurt my professional teaching schedule... hopefully! Or might as well lay low with PCC! Oouch!

Anyways, as a teaser, I have already finished my interview with our MAN, who happens to be the first WebMaster of Bobby Fischer's website and I'm telling you, after meeting him and chatting the night away over dinner somewhere along T.Morato (yep! t'was so engaging) made me long for more of what I have to find out,stories behind each stories in Philippine Chess. You know what guys, it felt like I was in this ancient ceremony where I was an Initiate and receiving secret wisdom from The Royal Scribe of the Chess Universe. I know for sure that whatever stories I have heard from him that night came from the only Authority.

That's it for now. Let's enjoy the wait and while away pushing those pawns! By the way, he wrote me a note (autograph) for my personal copy of his book and he said "keep pushing those pawns"

Who is he?

1 comment:

  1. my intelligent guess, Bobby Ang? Can't wait to read your article.

    ReplyDelete

Scholastic Basketball Camp

1st Founders' Cup

Scholastic Basketball Camp-1st Founders' Cup

16 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 4th 0
La Trinidad Academy Champion 5
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 4
La Camelle School 3rd 1

12 & Under Division Ranking 2019

School Rank Wins
SV Montessori 5th 0
La Trinidad Academy-Team A Champion 6
Charis Christian Institute 2nd 5
La Camelle School 3rd 4
La Trinidad Academy-Team B 4th 1